2016 was a year of highs and lows for me - all of which taught me something. From the sublime: what I want from life. To the ridiculous: that I can never really give up carbs. Travel wise, I realised what to repeat and what never to mention again. Given that I want this blog to be helpful to other people than just myself, I've written here my tongue in cheek, top tips for travel in 2017 as opposed to listing my new year's resolutions regarding my waistline and other such personal matters.
1) If you have an opportunity to go to Lisbon, take it.
2) England really is a viable option for a holiday
3) Just admit that WHEN you go to Italy, carbs will make up most of every meal.
4) There's more to the beautiful island of Barbados than just beach
5) Colmar's canals in France are less touristy than Venice's, and much less smelly.
6) Valencia is a European holiday destination that has it all (good food, stunning beach, beautiful architecture and swathes of culture)
7) Munich is fun to visit at any time of year, not just when the Oktoberfest is on (in September)
8) Germany, in general, is an underrated and much overlooked holiday destination.
9) Lille is a beautiful town, when there aren't World Cup fans rioting everywhere.
10) No matter how much you love travel, home is always where the heart is.