One of my best friends flew out to New York yesterday for a few days with her lovely hubby, Mr G. Cue mass green eyed envy by myself and an attempt to invite myself along on their romantic weekend away. New York is one of my favourite cities, second only to London in my eyes. Her going made me realise that I should not only keep a list of places that I want to see for the first time, but also make one that consists of destinations that I want to revisit. Depressingly, having done so, I think I will only be able to achieve everything I want to if I live until 96 and go away every week. However, below I have listed just 7. I'd love to hear all your favourite places, so do drop me a line here
1) Marrakech. When my then boyfriend, now husband, went on tour to Afghanistan, another of my best friends, took it on the chin and said we should go away somewhere spectacular to keep me occupied and have something to look forward. Step forward Marrakech and five days of sheer bliss staying at Le Deux Tours and cultural excitement in the Medina and its souks. And EPIC meals. I would love to go back to buy leather goods, eat tasty tagines and get some winter sun. Miss T...keen?
2) Paris. Because Paris really is always a good idea. The city of lights is stunning whatever time of year you can go and makes a great weekend break. The last time I visited was far too long ago now, but my blog about my trip is here
3) New York. As I mentioned earlier, New York is one of my favourite cities. There is so much to do there, but I just love walking around its different neighbourhoods soaking up the different atmospheres, whilst trying to eat in as many different restaurants as time and my stomach will allow. The next time I go I am determined to eat at the famed Peter Luger's steakhouse in Brooklyn.
4) Maldives. I spent a very happy 10 days with my husband in the Maldives for our delayed honeymoon. It is literally heaven on earth and I pinch myself every time I realise I was lucky enough to visit it. The turquoise sea, the colourful corals, the white sand and hot pink sunsets will make this a dream destination for me forever more. The only negative is the price tag, but one that I would happily pay again and again for days full of nothing but relaxation. My blog on my time there is here.
5) Bali. Bali had been on hit list until this time last year when I was lucky enough to visit it with another bestie. It was an amazing trip full of great food, fantastic views, interesting culture and a lot of laugh courtesy of the then Miss W. I felt like I just scratched the surface of this wondeful island and hope that I will get to go back, and soon too. My blog on my visit to the East side of the island is here.
6) Singapore. I loved Singapore when I went, but two of my dearest friends live there so this is my main reason for wanting to return to this cosmopolitan Asian city. It has such a fantastic mix of diverse cultures. My blog I wrote for my first and last trip there is here.
7) Italy. Italy was where my husband and I chose to have a few days after we got married. We went to Tuscany, but I would love to know the rest of the country even better too. The lakes, Cinque Terra and Sicily are all places I would love to see, but I would happily while away my summers under the Tuscan sun. My blog on the region is here